You said, "Lift up your eyes; the harvest is here, the kingdom is near." You said, "Ask and I'll give the nations to you." O Lord, that's the cry of my heart. Distant shores and the islands will see your light, as it rises on us. O Lord, I ask for the nations.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

God again...

So I guess I underestimated the power of prayer protection before I came here. Seriously though, everyday I see God's hand moving in my life and it's so amazing. Today for instance, I went to my first history discussion. It was very scarey b/c there were 55 students there and the teacher was very soft spoken and fast. Somehow (not really chance ik) I sat next to this girl named Elodie. She was so sweet and helped me understand everything that was going on. We had to sign up for dissertation topics and she told me to sign up for the same one as her so we could help each other. She also knew which topics were the easiest to write about. We're going to be writing about the causes of the Reformation, which I told her I've at least studied that in english already so I wont be totatlly lost. I also told her, though, that I have no idea how to write a dissertation (french write differntly than we do here). So she's going to help me. Afterwards we talked about the class and exchanged numbers so we could find a time to do research. She said whenever I want to go hang out just to call her. She knows very little english, which is good for me, but she really would like to be friends. Of all the people i sat down next to in that scarey class, God put me next to the perfect person. I'm so excited. I really want to have french friends so I can really learn about the culture here, and this friend will hopefully keep me from failing my class which is awesome. So an impossible class, and again, God finds a way...

No comments: