You said, "Lift up your eyes; the harvest is here, the kingdom is near." You said, "Ask and I'll give the nations to you." O Lord, that's the cry of my heart. Distant shores and the islands will see your light, as it rises on us. O Lord, I ask for the nations.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Malade...

This weekend was one of those that really makes you want to just be back in your bed at home. A cold front swept through Europe and instead of a blizzard we got freezing rain. Not drizzle, downpour, for two straight days. On saturday when it started, I got this wierd cold. I had the chills, headache, cough, fever...you know, the works. It was miserable. I was more cold than I've been in my whole life, or so it felt. Sunday I still felt horrible so I missed church b/c I still wasn't sure where it was and treking out in the rain with a cold didn't seem like a wise idea. But unfortunaly I couldn't stay inside all day. Today I have an oral presentation in civ class, and Sunday I had to go research. Me and two girls went to the neighbooring city, Lattes, to check out the museam. We missed the bus there and had to call a cab. The museam was incredibly boring. We were done two hours before the bus came so we wondered around the whole city and everything was closed b/c it was sunday. I was soo cold. Finally we found a cafe and waited till the bus was almost here. By the time I got back I wanted to curl up into a ball and die. I was so sick. Most of my cold is gone but the cough is still here in full force. Yesterday when I met with my new friend Elodie to go over history she informed me that while we only hand in one full blown dissertation, we have to prepare to give one orally every week! It takes like 3 hours min. to prepare, with both of us splitting it up. She offered to go with me to explain my situation to the prof. I don't know enough french to take a detailed outline and give a real dissertation in front of the class. She even said that if I was called on to go today she'd take my place! This is seriously the nicest person I've ever met. She cares so much about me and hasn't know me for more than a week. I'm so blessed we became friends last week in discussion. Hopefully that will work out. And hopefully so will my other presentation for civ today. Art history I won't even be alive for by the time it rolls around. This week has been super stressfull. I've been trying to prepare to go to Barcelona with all this hw on top of it plus being sick. This is definitly pushing me over the edge. I've had so many mini freak out moments where I have to litterally step back take a deep breath and ask God to calm me down. He always does, but He always waits till I bother to ask, which I do a lot more these days.

Here's a song I've been listening to by Sara Groves that is amazing and very uplifting:
Kingdom Comes

When anger fills your heart, when in your pain and hurt
You find the strength to stop, to bless instead of curse
When doubt infloods your soul, when all things feel unjust
You open up your heart, you find a way to trust

That's a little stone, that's a little mortar
That's a little seed, that's a little water
In the hearts of the sons and daughters
This kingdom's coming

When fear engulf's your mind, says you protect your own
You still extend your hand, you open up your home
When sorrow fills your life, when in your grief and pain
You choose again to rise, you choose the bless the Name

That's a little stone, that's a little mortar
That's a little seed, that's a little water
In the hearts of the sons and daughters
This kingdom's coming

No comments: