You said, "Lift up your eyes; the harvest is here, the kingdom is near." You said, "Ask and I'll give the nations to you." O Lord, that's the cry of my heart. Distant shores and the islands will see your light, as it rises on us. O Lord, I ask for the nations.

Friday, January 13, 2006

walk on the beach

Today we cruised around the beach outside of Montpellier. It's the Mediterranian and it's beautiful. It's too bad it was too cold to swim. But give it a month or so, and I'll be at the beach all the time to read and study. After we picniced at the beach we walked 4km to the cathedral. It was very beautiful and very old. Soon the vineyard surronding it will be green and that will be awesome to see. I think we saw flamingos, but I'm not sure. Don't ask. Inside the cathedral I got kinda sad. Everyone here is very indifferent to religion of any kind. Just looking around the church, it was very cold and big and empty. I feel like the cathedral represents France in a way. A place that may have at one time been filled with God's presence is now cold, dark and empty. I pray that God will soon revive France and once again be present here and bring a light to the darkness. As beautiful as this place is, it is very dark spiritually. France needs prayers. But I need to remember that even the smallest light pierces the darkness.

No comments: