You said, "Lift up your eyes; the harvest is here, the kingdom is near." You said, "Ask and I'll give the nations to you." O Lord, that's the cry of my heart. Distant shores and the islands will see your light, as it rises on us. O Lord, I ask for the nations.

Monday, January 09, 2006

A badger in france...

(just so you know the keyboards are very different here so this first message is going to be alot shorter than usual)

So its finally here. Years of dreaming about this moment and it's finally reality. There's something about studying a language for so long that just makes you yearn to see the country and really experience it. Little did I realize how frightening it would be to actually interact with the french people. Even the little boy on the plane was scarey to talk to. I'm starting to realize how self conscious I am at speaking french to the natives. I'm afraid to buy things because I'm afraid I'll look stupid or totally not understand anything. But I've also realized how much it's actually up to me how much I get out of all this. It's so easy to just talk to the other americans. But I've made the decision to live this semester to it's fullest. If that means I join the swim team here (sports are recommended ways of mixing with french students) or join another club, so be it. Okay I really want to describe this amazing city but the keyboard is driving me up the wall so ill save it for next time. Trois bisous (3 kisses are the traditional greeting/parting gesture in Montpellier)!

No comments: