You said, "Lift up your eyes; the harvest is here, the kingdom is near." You said, "Ask and I'll give the nations to you." O Lord, that's the cry of my heart. Distant shores and the islands will see your light, as it rises on us. O Lord, I ask for the nations.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day...or wait, that's today?

For a country reputedly so romantic, Valentine's day kinda flew under the rador yesterday. If you're not dating someone here, the holiday doesn't much exist here. Which, I have to admit I kinda like. When you're batting 0 and 20 for years with a valentine, well you can't be expected to look forward to the day very much. But yeah, apparently that was yesterday. I kind of remember in the morning, but it didn't really register till I got a call from one of my favorite people in the world, Miss Valerie. I shouldn't say Im 0 and 20 because she said she'd be my valentine this year which is pretty exciting. The call was nicely timed to because I was approaching the 6th hour of writing my history dissertation...yeah you can imagine my moral at the point. You can't be expected to take much notice of V day when you spend it with Elodie frantically starting/finishing/correcting and finally at my own apartment recopying the entire 7 page (written all by hand!) paper. The worst part is you can't make any mistakes because it can't have white out on it! And the pages you have to use are really 2 attached and you write on them front and back no double space...so lots of room for error. Luckily the prof let me and Elodie combine forces bc I suck at french. Still, I wrote a good half of it all by myself (with her thankfully correcting my grammer!), so I was kinda proud. Oh and if you want to know about the causes of the Reformation, just ask, I know all. Anyways, the point was that what I was going to make a single girls night to watch chick flicks and eat chocolate with the roomies turned into study night...sad. So no Vday celebrations for me. The wierdest part is that it didn't bother me at all. For once I didn't care that I again was single...story of my life. It hasn't phased me like I thought it would. I guess I can thank God for that one. But I guess I'll have to cross my fingers for next year...haha.

No comments: