You said, "Lift up your eyes; the harvest is here, the kingdom is near." You said, "Ask and I'll give the nations to you." O Lord, that's the cry of my heart. Distant shores and the islands will see your light, as it rises on us. O Lord, I ask for the nations.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

strange week

Well this week has had an interesting turn of events. Not much of consequence went down on Monday or Tuesday, other than that I went to see Walk the Line, and it was amazing! Gotta love Cash. Anyways, Wednesday rolled around I got my history dissertation back. The professor didn't correct mine, just Elodies (which was good bc mine had more grammer mistakes!), and gave us the same grade. We got a 13/20!! Now that may seem sucky in the states...but here thats in the "bien" category. 14 and above is tres tres bien. Around 10 is bad. And lower than 7 is really bad. Minnesota would convert anything above an 11 to an A. So I was pumped, and so was Elodie. I was more excited that I didn't bring down her grade, but as it turns out we made a pretty good team. That out of the way, nothing much else happened until I did laundry. For some reason me and laundry just don't get along. Last time the machine ate my money. This time, well, it ate my shoes. My favorite euro style tennis shoes were kinda dirty cause it had been raining alot, so I decided to wash them before our big break...bad idea. The machine was a monster and spun so fast you couln't see the clothes or shoes bc they were stuck to the side so hard. When I pulled them out the bottom insules were out and ripped to shreds...tear...I tried looking online for replacements...yeah they don't sell them anymore. So that's a bummer. But at the same time, really funny. Because that would only happen to me. It's my own fault though, I shouldve just been content with dirty shoes...

On a wierder note, my university, along with everyone in France, is on strike. But not the teachers, the students. This means the took out all the desks and chairs and made barracades. They also somehow got ahold of the keys to ALL the buildings and locked everyone out. If that wasn't enough, they had at least 6 students at EVERY entrance keeping people and profs out. So needless to say class was cancled today. The wierd thing is it may go on for 3 weeks, or longer depending on if that CPE law is repelled. The americans are supposed to still be allowed to have thier classes, but I guess not this time around. So...yeah. Not sure what this means. I have a grammer test tomorrow, but maybe I wont...

And finally, this weekend starts travel time. Amersterdam is changed to Brussels. And Strasbourg is now Lyon. Other than that all is the same. Oh and I'm going to Valencia and not Madrid to see Dana!!!! (is that better dana? haha). Pray for safe travel and for my ...eh hmm... budgeting skills. Sorry I havent put the pics up. I'll update all of it when I get back from vaca next week.

Oh and pray for God to uplift my spirits. I'm not sad but I'm not particularly happy. I'm just kinda plateauing right now. Which is okay, but I know things could be better. I'm not all that sure why, cause things are going really well right now. So just pray that God will fill me up with the good stuff! He has started already by sending me lots of well timed emails and such from friends today, so thanks you guys!! It's already starting to help! Okay I'm going to go now, scarey people shouting outside...protesters...haha

No comments: