You said, "Lift up your eyes; the harvest is here, the kingdom is near." You said, "Ask and I'll give the nations to you." O Lord, that's the cry of my heart. Distant shores and the islands will see your light, as it rises on us. O Lord, I ask for the nations.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Quick update

I don't have much time, I just wanted to let you know that my computer is still in the hospital, waiting on a hard drive transplant. Oh, and France sucks. You want to know why? Let's just say there's a nationwide strike that starts tomorrow and will continue indefinitely. That means that all trains will be down until Lord only knows when. This sucks mainly because I'm scheduled to take a test in Paris next Wednesday, that I have to take, and that I may not be able to get to. Yeah. Lovely. And this is Sarzo's first chance to show he's a man, so he won't be backing down easily. If only I could drive... And you remember how in Montpellier the strike was fun because I got out of class for 3 months? Yeah, not fun this time. It gets old, fast. Just work. Seriously.

Oh and I had another class with no students. Well, I had two students show, but they couldn't account for the whereabouts of the others. The one girl said, with the most serious expression she could muster, "there's a rule that you cant have class without at least 3 students." Fine, whatever. I totally don't believe you, and I definitly saw you wave at some girl down the hallway to duck out of sight, but I don't care. If you don't want to be here, go home. I don't want to teach you. Grrr. Their teacher got a note, not that it matters much. Really, I sound mad about it, but I really didn't feel like teaching that afternoon, so whatever. I didn't appreciate their not showing up and her lying to me, but whatever. This is France. Things are different here. It's another planet.

By the way, plenty of good things have happened in the past few days, and I'm having an amazing time despite the cheeky students and obnoxious strikes (and minus a few stressful moments) but I dont have time to write about them. Soon, I promise! Later gators. Ha. I'm turning into a 'nutter' (as Rach would say).

2 comments:

Mrs. Chambers said...

Are there busses that go to Paris?

Can you and another teaching assistant rent a car?

Call the car places and find out if they have any automatics. They might!

Can the GRE be rescheduled?

Mom

Anonymous said...

oh helpless sister in france...(sarcasm intended)